Saturday, February 14, 2015

Aero India -High Hopes

Neelam Mathews
Feb 14. 2015

Once again, India's mother of all air shows is closing in on us as is the excitement and trepidation. I say that because though I love my work, there is always that nagging issue of getting badges, trampling over cars to park, having to face dirty washrooms and the fear of losing face when I bump into my foreign colleagues.
All this is a thing of the past MoD organisers assure me. And I am inclined to believe them.
However, still have not been able to fathom why a professional event organiser hasn't been involved with the show. It is not the job of the military to manage a show of this scale. It is only natural certain issues will arise that they may be excused for as experience like wine, is aged. Unfortunately foreign delegates will only see this as an India show and glitches are remembered for years.
So here's wishing everybody a successful Aero India 2015 not just for business but a hassle free experience - where exhibitors do not have to buy daily passes, with ease of movement despite the PMs visit and business hours are followed strictly. We hope our guests will not have to cut short their visit as domestic visitors start picnicking and collecting 'Kabari' two days before they are officially allowed to enter the grounds.
India's tourism slogan Atithi Dev Bhavo- customer is king- is already ringing in my ears. Hope the organisers are starting to hear it too.



No comments:

Post a Comment