Posted by – Neelam Mathews
Jan 26, 2012
EADS has announced its Board of Directors has designated Tom Enders to take over the role of CEO when Louis Gallois steps down at the end of his mandate.
Concurrently, Arnaud Lagardère will assume the role of Chairman of the Board presently held by Bodo Uebber.
This will take place after the company’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) on 31 May, 2012. These new mandates carry a five-year term.
EADS CEO Louis Gallois stated: “Tom Enders not only has a wide range of experience across our businesses, but strong leadership skills and charisma with an established track record. I am sure that he will extend his vision for EADS in the best interest of all its stakeholders and in particular of the great community of employees working together across our nations.“
Other top management positions
Following the recommendations of the Remuneration and Nomination Committee, the Board also announces further evolutions of the management team effective 1 June, 2012:
- Fabrice Brégier will succeed Tom Enders and become CEO of Airbus, EADS' largest division, and Günter Butschek, presently Head of Operations of Airbus will be affected to the position of COO of Airbus.
- Harald Wilhelm will become Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of EADS, alongside his present role as CFO of Airbus, following the request of Hans Peter Ring to retire from the company and pursue other objectives. Hans Peter Ring will be preparing his successor for this transition over the next months, and will remain close to him as a senior advisor until the end of 2012.
- Marwan Lahoud, whose mandate comes up for renewal, is reappointed as Chief Strategy and Marketing Officer (CSMO).
- Thierry Baril will assume the role of Head of Human Resources (HR) for EADS; he will retain his duties as Head of Airbus HR together with his expanded responsibility. Jussi Itävuori leaves the company after ten years as Head of HR for EADS. He continues to represent EADS in the Board of Directors of Patria in Finland.
Board of Directors
As for the Board of Directors, most current Board members will stand for re-appointment, carrying the experience gained over the last five years into the new Board. The following names will be proposed for appointment by the AGM:
- Arnaud Lagardère, 50, Managing Partner of Lagardère SCA;
- Tom Enders, 53, Chief Executive Officer of Airbus SAS;
- Hermann Josef Lamberti, 55, Member of the Management Board of Deutsche Bank AG;
- Sir John Parker, 69, Chairman of Anglo American PLC;
- Michel Pébereau, 70, Honorary President of BNP Paribas;
- Lakshmi Mittal, 61, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of ArcelorMittal;
- Bodo Uebber, 52, Member of the Management Board of Daimler AG;
- Wilfried Porth, 52, Member of the Management Board of Daimler AG;
- Dominique D’Hinnin, 52, Co-Managing Partner of Lagardère SCA;
- Jean-Claude Trichet, 69, Former President of the European Central Bank;
- SEPI, the Spanish state holding company, will provide the name of the director representing it in the coming weeks.