Wednesday, December 7, 2011

FAA Babbitt resigns

Posted by- Neelam Mathews
Dec 7, 2011

Statement from Randy Babbitt, FAA Administrator
Aerospace Diary was one of the earlier publications to cover the incident of drunken driving.

"Today I submitted my resignation to Secretary Ray LaHood and it has been accepted.  Serving as FAA Administrator has been an absolute honor and the highlight of my professional career.   But I am unwilling to let anything cast a shadow on the outstanding work done 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by my colleagues at the FAA.  They run the finest and safest aviation system in the world and I am grateful that I had the opportunity to work alongside them.  I am confident in their ability to successfully carry out all of the critical safety initiatives underway and the  improvements that the FAA has planned.  I also want to thank Secretary LaHood for his leadership and dedication to the safety of the traveling public."

No comments:

Post a Comment